Saturday, October 16, 2010

Well it is another Saturday night, and I am making my second post for the night which seems to be a trend that I am keeping up on. The second book in Maus a interesting reading and I wish we got to discuss it while it was more fresh in my mind. One thing that I really liked about the second book of Maus was the perspective that it gave you into Art Spiegelman life and the problems that he has with him self in no small part to having to grow up with his father. This is just really awful because Art never went through the Holocaust he still got a whole lot of psychological problems that can come with having a tough childhood and this just passes down because of the way he was raised. The book also kind of made me feel bad about the way I treat my parents, when Vladek asks for Art to stay at his place and take care of him and Art tells his father to hire a nurse or when Vladek asks Art to do some sort of work around the house and Art tells him to hire someone to do that stuff. This is the exact sort of way that I generally treat my mom, and I have done so with no second thoughts but in book I fell sympathetic to Vladek at times and this also makes me feel bad for the way that I have treated my mom.
Also at the end of the month the TV series for the Walking Dead comic books starts, which I am pretty pumped for because even though I read very few comics, Walking Dead is one that I read every issue for and it is simply the best piece of zombie fiction in any media ever made, so hopefully the TV show ends up fantastic as well.

1 comment:

  1. The interactions between Vladek and Artie are so realistic! They truly DO reflect the attitudes I see between aging parents and their children (who are OBLIGATED, though not always willing) to care for them. Naw, I don't wanna care for you, why don't we put you in a home?

    ReplyDelete